Thursday, May 10, 2012

Relaxation in Wrightwood

May 6, 2012
Day 36
Miles: 0

I guess we technically did some miles today very early in the morning during our night hike. However, it felt like a zero. We woke up from a few hours of much needed sleep and decided to look around the Pines Hotel for any other hikers. We found Robo Cop and Bo. We also heard Coop and Alex made it in too.



Our little cabin at the Pines Motel.

We decided to go take care of our chores first thing. So we headed to the local grocery store to re-supply.



Jensens had a great selection and we were in and out pretty quick.

The next and more important order of business was lunch! We decided to head to the Yodeler with Robo Cop. Bo, Southern and Rubbs also joined us. We all enjoyed some awesome grub and a few beers. I had an Ortega cheeseburger, fries and a fat tire beer. All of which were Devine.



The Yodeler

We went back to our room and Tailgate took a nap and I caught up on some good old reality TV shows. I may have even snuck out while Tailgate was napping and got my self a rocky road ice cream cone.

On a side note, people have been asking me if I have been losing any weight yet. Well, my answer is no not really. I have maybe lost 5 pounds, but I can tell I am becoming more muscular. Also, I have been devouring all kinds of crazy calories whenever I get the chance and am maintaining a good weight.

Speaking of calories, later that evening Tailgate and I ordered two pizzas for dinner. We ate every piece and went to bed fat and happy.

We have a big climb up to Baden-Powell tomorrow, we'll need the rest.

-Twist

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone