Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Our First Trail Name!

April 3rd, 2012
Day 3
Today's miles: 10.6

Today was awesome! Slept well and started hiking bright and early. We climbed and we climbed at a great pace. We got our first glimpse of pine trees up on a ridge. Then a few miles later it felt like we stepped from the desert into the forest.



We enjoyed the pines and our first glimpse of snow!


We got into Mt. Laguna around 1pm. and checked into the Mt. Laguna Lodge. We resupplied our food and fuel supply at the store here and bought a few snacks for tonight (actually a ton of snacks). We showered and rinsed our clothes. Bliss.

The biggest news of the day: I earned my trail name! TWIST. I got named "twist" because if there is anything on the trail that I could possibly twist my ankle on, I'll find it! I have spent a lot of time thinking of what my trail name might be, but I guess it's just something that happens out on the trail. I signed my first pct register with my new name, and will have to get used to going by "Twist" for the rest of the hike!

Tomorrow we're aiming for our earliest start yet after resting here at the lodge, which by the way is quite relaxing and the man running the counter was extremely nice to us. We would recommend stopping at the store or for a room as well to anyone.

-Twist (Kristin)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Mt. Laguna